Saturday, December 19, 2009

Pal Joey




Hello and welcome back, if your here this obviously means your reading my blog so hoary for you.Add Image

today i thought id review one of my two favorite Frank Sinatra movies Pal Joey. Just like my great grandma Lucy before me I must admit sadly that I too swoon over Frankie like a school girl. I don't know weather its his eyes or the way he smiles a Rita Hayworth in the movie but when ever I watch this I turn into a giggly vapid puddle of goo.

the movie centers around Joey, who much like Sinatra has a reputation as a womanizing nightclub singer. after being run out of town for his latest stunt with the mayors daughter he finds himself in San Francisco. there he meets Linda English (Novack), a chorus girl from a small town, he has stirrings of real feelings for. However, that does not stop him from romancing a wealthy, willful, and lonely widow named Vera Simpson (Hayworth) in order to convince her to finance his dream, "Chez Joey", a night club of his own.




though the story is very predictable going by the old one guy in love with two girls and leaving us guessing who he will chose. the musical performances by Frank Sinatra make it all worth watching. i gave it a 4 out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment