Saturday, December 19, 2009

Sabrina



Hello I thought id start off by writing a review of one of my favorite old movies Sabrina.

if you were to ask me what my Favorite Audrey Hepburn movie is, I would say that there are just to many to chose from. it would just be easier for you to ask what my favorite William Holden movie is, And this would be it. though it is said that Sabrina was not Bogart's particularly favorite role in a movie, it was mine.






the movie is about Sabrina Fairchild (Hepburn) the daughter of the Larrabee family chauffeur who has been in love with the youngest son David (Holden) all her life. however David is an oft-married, idle playboy, crazy for women, who has never noticed Sabrina, much to her dismay. Sabrina then attends culinary school in Paris in an effort to forget about him. she returns as an attractive and sophisticated woman. David, after initially not recognizing her, is quickly drawn to her. David's workaholic older brother Linus (Bogart) sees this and fears that David's imminent wedding with a very rich woman may be endangered. If the wedding were to be canceled, so would a great corporate deal with the bride's family. So Linus tries to redirect Sabrina's affections to himself and in the process trick her into running away to Paris with him so David will go back to his fiancee. Id tell you the rest but, I do hate spoilers. What I can tell you its a lovely movie with a happy ending and that if you love those old black and white movies that make you cry in the end as much as I do I would recommend this.

on a personal note: originally Cary Grant was initially considered for the role of Linus but decline and Bogart took it instead. During the Filming Hepburn entered into a brief Love affair with Holden. Though she isn't credited Edith Head who was a very popular fashion designer at the time created most of Hepburn's outfits in the movie including the dress seen worn in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment